Jose Mourinho has privately denied there is any friction between Ed Woodward and himself, according to a report.
The Portuguese boss, who over the weekend told Telefoot he does not see himself finishing his career at Manchester United, has moved to quell fears that he has fallen out with United’s executive vice chairman – the man who appointed him in 2016.
Earlier this week, Duncan Castles, a reporter with both the Sunday Times and the Daily Record, claimed Mourinho was growing increasingly frustrated by Woodward and what he perceives as “unnecessarily bureaucratic and inefficient organisation at Old Trafford and United‘s Carrington training base”.
The Manchester Evening News though claim Mourinho has “privately dismissed suggestions he is growing increasingly frustrated” with Woodward.
Mourinho’s dalliance with Paris Saint-Germain has caused ruptions and he did little to quell the panic yesterday, when he was asked again about his future in his Benfica press conference – when he again referred to PSG.
“I think you English media have the answer. In one day it says I am going to sign a five-year contract, £1 billion per season,” said Mourinho.
“The next day you say I am leaving to go to PSG. That is the answer.
“Nothing is happening, I am not signing a new five year contract and I am not leaving for PSG. I am not leaving United. I have a contract and that is it.
“I have my contract which ends in June 2019. We are in October 2017 so I don’t know what to say.
“Yes it’s true that I haven’t signed a new contract; but I’m also not thinking about leaving either.”
Whether or not Mourinho’s comments are aimed at Woodward in a bid to get a contract extension in the pipeline remains to be seen, but there are no contract talks scheduled with the 54-year-old, whose deal expires in June 2019.